Monday, April 27, 2015

for the times in which i cannot see your face...

~ i must see your likeness transposed by that of an angel.
i must take your earthy dark features
& imbue them with a shroud
of Light.
feathering your hair
and surrounding your body.
infusing the space between each of your humble vertebrae
with a beam
of Something holy.
Effervescent.
Super-charged.
Electric.
I must wrap you in sunlight and keep you there.
refuse to see you as anything but.
"We are all just columns of Light," she says.
'Babies.  We're just babies, man.'  
Can ya' dig?

I must breathe in the aroma of Sunshine
and carry its essence with me on the days,
weeks, months
GodInHEAVenForbid
even Years
where all about is gray.
and shadow

I must carry my own damn flashlight
charge the battery at night upon my bedside table
have it ready.
to illumine some portion of the Way.
Have it ready.

Cast a beam into the abyss of forgetfulness
the chasm of regret.
Where you tooo have fallen
lost your footing
a faulty dance step.
Temporarily forgetting yourself

that you are just Light

You are just a column of the Divine.

And I must remember this for you.
For myself.
And for us.

I will catch my breath and hold my tongue
letting my angry words dissolve
into particles of Empty Sound
& light.

I will carry the lantern.

I will safeguard it with this beating heart
and these two shaking hands.
I will remember who you really are.

Carry your secret name inside the torch-lit passages of memory.
* and Love*

And when you are ready to hear it once more
I will open my mouth
Reverberating molecules of light and Song
And I will remind you.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment